- To report a police or fire emergency, dial 911, preferably on a hard line so the dispatch center can see your address, but all cell phone carriers in Burlingame are now 911 compatible.
- You can also dial directly into Burlingame’s emergency center at (650) 692-0310 or into the County’s emergency center at (650) 363-4911 for countywide emergencies.
- For nonemergency questions during business hours:
- Police: (650) 777-4100
- Fire: (650) 558-7600
- Before a disaster, sign up for free SMC Alert emergency notifications at smcalert.info.
- Tune in to radio stations KCBS (740 AM) or KQED (88.5 FM) or any local TV news station.
- The City of Burlingame will post emergency instructions on its website at burlingame.org.
- The City also will send alerts via Facebook.com/BurlingameCityHall and Twitter @BurlingameCity.
- Burlingame CERTs who have signed up for SMC Alert will be deployed by the CERT Volunteer Program Coordinator using this text-based notification system.
- Burlingame neighborhood groups will be able to request help and receive official notifications by contacting their closest Community Command Post (CCP) by radio or by sending a runner. CCPs will be located at Burlingame’s six elementary schools.